Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:32:24 +0200
Hi Frank, I like what you are showing us a lot, I'm wondering why :-)

I think the light is not steady at all - when comparing to other
places we see photos of I mean - and the colours are "affected" by this.
Alice had her E620 with her, and sometimes shot the exact same photo
as I, side by side - neither of us knew what the other was framing nor
the FL the other used, too busy shooting.
We both shot RAW - a pain now that I also have to edit HERS !!! :-)
Even in ORF/NEF the main difference is the WB
Once the WB of the two cameras are reconciled, the two bodies are not
that fat from each other, good on Oly :-)
I was even surprised to see that the Oly metering system kept the shot
within acceptable limits - my Pana L1 didn't - regarding the
highlights - when the nikon sometimes went astray even though I had
set the "super specific nikon developed setting" to preserve shots
when the light differences exceed the sensor's tolerance ... Go
figure ...
Yet, as in your photos, the blacks seem slightly blocked on her E620
and hard to lighten up - a good comparison can be made on the water of
the canals, and the hulls I think. cf  Your Burano 15, and my
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/322950-1/Burano+Colours-0063.jpg
  - Ok I was standing on the other bridge, on another day, using
another focal lens :-)

I will try to send you the promised file as soon as I can

Bien cordialement
Philippe