Re: [OM] Eeeek!

Subject: Re: [OM] Eeeek!
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 19:49:38 -0500
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 06:14 PM, Moose wrote:
> > I think you'll like the AFL/AEL capabilities.  The setting that we all
> > like allows you to set the AEL button for AF and it remains locked on
> > that point for multiple shots.  I think you might have to enable memo on
> > the AEL button in the settings though.  I am assuming the OM-D works
> > this way.
>
> No, different, of course. :-) It has no AEL labeled button, but a couple
> of Fn buttons, and the functions of the Record
> (and playback?) and directional controller buttons may be changed. LOTS
> of possible combinations, but I have not yet
> grokked it all. Had I waited to do so, I would not have taken any
> pictures as yet. :-)

Gotcha.  On the 620 they put an AEL button and a Fn button, with a menu
item that allows you to swap them if you want to as well as many
possibilities for the Fn button (whichever place you decide to put it).
Having two Fn buttons kind of drives that logic to the next level.  I
put DOF preview on my Fn button.  By default it is on face recognition
on the 620.

Sorry, this is probably the opposite of helpful to hear about an
irrelevant camera.

Joel W.