Re: [OM] F280 + OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 + OM4T
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:39:42 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> It appears to me that the flash is (for all practical purposes) unusable
> in full sun.  For example, a full sunny 16 exposure for ISO 160 would be
> 1/160 at f/16 or 320 at f/11.  Interpolating for these shutter
> speeds/apertures from your table it appears the max range would be well
> under 1 meter.

I dug up some prints from ISO 100 film, taken with the subject in direct
sunlight producing the usual dark shadows under the nose etc. I don't have
notes on exposure and distance, but from memory I can tell the distance
was at most 4 meters. There isn't any obvious effect from the flash
visible on these prints.

Priit.