Re: [OM] New Player in Scanning?

Subject: Re: [OM] New Player in Scanning?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:35:37 -0500
> Of couse, there is no pickup roller at the back so you have to take care of
> this.

Nor is there an opening int he back of the case of the V-ED. Hmm. Very
interesting, though.

If that Pacific Whatever scanner actually works well, it might be
tempting to pick one up, but I could probably sell the V-ED and get a
used 5000 for the same amount of money.

Alas, I did recently figure out a new set of settings which allows me
to scan the film much faster. Final output is fine for up to 8x12".
Beyond that size and I'm better off doing a higher quality scan. These
settings can bring it down to about a minute an image. But it does
require that I use film profiles.

AG

--
Ken Norton