Re: [OM] Odd Lenses - for Chuck & Chris.

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd Lenses - for Chuck & Chris.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:52:08 -0400
Macro magnification ratio refers to the actual size of the image on film
or sensor.  If the 200mm lens makes a 1:2 image on film it also makes a
1:2 image on the 4/3 sensor.  If you were shooting an object that was
10mm high it would be 5mm high at 1:2.  But whether 35mm film or 4/3
sensor the image would be 5mm high in both cases.  How much more you
magnify it in post-processing is a different question.

Chuck Norcutt