Re: [OM] non-locking Tamron SP 1.4 teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] non-locking Tamron SP 1.4 teleconverter
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:28:06 +0100
On 16/07/2012 15:47, Piers Hemy wrote:
> Don's description was spot-on, Donald, but your diagnosis is only half-way
> there - in my experience it's not a problem with the chrome strip not
> clicking in, but a question of it not staying in!  Again, in my experience
> the problem is on the 'other side' - in my case with a worn mount, but in
> your case it's the 1.4x. Look on the front of the 1.4x for the slot that Don
> mentioned, adjacent to the triangular shaped diaphragm actuator,
> diametrically opposite the green dot. The notch is square, but at an angle
> to the radius of the adaptor, as a result the left hand edge is at an acute
> angle. I reckon that on yours it isn't acute, more likely rounded, with the
> effect that the chrome strip on the lens is not retained in place.

Hmm, looking at the adapter from the front, on-camera, the lower edge of
the notch is very slightly rounded. both sides have the paint worn off.
Such a little thing...

As to borrowing one, time is getting a bit tight! I have my mother to
provide for for the time I'm away, and other obligations. I should be
fine for the trip. I've been 'training', and will use the Manfrotto
monopod head to tilt sideways for portrait format.

If I suddenly appear at your door between now and the end of next week...

;-)

D.

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.