Re: [OM] non-locking Tamron SP 1.4 teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] non-locking Tamron SP 1.4 teleconverter
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:55:12 +0100
On 16/07/2012 04:00, Don Holbrook wrote:
> After Piers posted, I looked at mine again (and found the mount screws
> loose!), but the button you press on the lens to remove the 1.4 is a
> spring-loaded pivoted arm which has a protusion on the far end.  This clicks
> into a slot in the 1.4 mount flange (straight across from the green dot) and
> locks it in place.  For now, why not just rotate the lens to the left instead
> of the right for verticals.  The camera weight should keep it on.

Thanks, Don. For all the time poking, prodding and staring at it, I
never noticed the little bit at the end of the strip.

It's not clicking in, for some reason, the linkage between the 1.4 and
the lens. If I watch the release button, rotating the lens (or camera)
causes the button to depress all on its own, releasing the assembly.

As you say, I'll be cautious (if the old brain retains the info under
pressure!), and afterwards I may dismantle it and have a look.

Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye open for a spare...

D.

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.