Re: [OM] Off List PSCS6 - Sometimes, its the little things

Subject: Re: [OM] Off List PSCS6 - Sometimes, its the little things
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:22:21 -0400
Well, maybe it does.  I assumed with no memory support beyond 4GB meant
that it would not support 64 bit addresses.  But if it can't address
more than 4GB memory it doesn't matter if it does or not.  I'd have to
look at the architecture of the processor to be sure.

Actually I couldn't resist checking and did just that.
<http://ark.intel.com/products/27251/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E6700-%284M-Cache-2_66-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB%29>

  It is indeed a 64 bit processor, just crippled by the 32 bit bus.

Hmmm.  Now what do I do.  Upgrade to Win7 64 bit while staying limited
to 4GB?

Chuck Norcutt