Re: [OM] PSCS6 - Sometimes, its the little things.

Subject: Re: [OM] PSCS6 - Sometimes, its the little things.
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:59:33 -0700
Interesting comment about the black default background. I always used white
because I primarily mount my prints with a white rag matte. The image looks
very different with a black vs white background. Now I have to figure out
how to make it default to white!

So one Moose's pleasure is another man's pain...
:-)
Bob

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just starting to try out PS-CS6.
>
> I'm immediately pleased that they have addressed two interface things that
> have bothered me for ages.
>
> They've finally given in to the trend toward dark background behind and
> around the image. I've always felt the light
> gray background was too bright..
>
>  From time immemorial, the PS default interface has been an invitation to
> arm/hand/finger repetitive injuries. I've
> often thought negatively about whoever put the tool palette on the far
> left and all the others on the far right. Yes,
> you can drag the tool palette over next to the rest, saving many miles of
> unnecessary mouse travel.
>
> BUT, resizing the image to Fit Screen left room on the left for the
> palette - and hid the right scroll bar of the image
> under the actual palette location! An endless annoyance.
>
> Finally! Fixed in PS6.
>
> I like it already, and I've tried none of the new features!
>
> BTW, as expected, it's version of ACR has the same new sliders as in LR4.
> Looks like an improvement, but I've not
> experimented much as yet. I'm still old school, wanting only to get the
> ends of the histogram right in ACR, leaving
> further adjustments for PS.
>
> P. S. Moose
>
> --
>

> --