Re: [OM] About That Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] About That Storm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 13:36:51 -0400
I don't consider climate change controversial here... only its cause and
claimed side effects.  The mainstream press doesn't give it any coverage
but the past year has seen a number of prominent (non-climate)
scientists decide that there's something seriously wrong with the
conventional wisdom.  Take, for example, this recent piece by Dr. Robert
Brown a physicist at Duke complaining about being called a "denier"
<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/22/a-response-to-dr-paul-bains-use-of-denier-in-scientific-literature/#more-66096>

or this older piece by Freeman Dyson
<http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/dysonf07/dysonf07_index.html>

If you have lots of time (and the stomach for it) you might try reading
the full annotated dossier of the first 1,000 or so Climategate emails.
(there were thousands more leaked after this batch)
<http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/library/research-analysis-reports/climategate-emails>

  Click on the green text "The Climategate Emails" which will download a
180 page PDF.  If you actually read them and understand them all and who
the characters are (as opposed to blindly accepting apologists
characterization of them) you will likely come away ill to your stomach
and despairing for the scientific method.

Chuck Norcutt