Re: [OM] About That Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] About That Storm
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 09:32:03 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> One can get that sort of disruption (or longer) in Florida when a
> hurricane comes to visit but at least you have a few days warning
> to know to stock up on gas, water, ice and other needs.

     I was able to catch an article on the BBC online news just before access
to that became next to impossible.  The Governor of Maryland (I think that's
who it was) stated pretty much the same thing, that there was no warning as
with a hurricane and everyone was caught with their pants down.

     I saw this storm developing just as the Friday evening news here came to a
close, the radar display showing an extensive intense storm mass racing across
the Appalachians and down into the Piedmont.  I said to myself "This can't be
good".

     I'm pretty certain that I know why this heat wave developed and how it was
instrumental in this storm, but it has to do with a detail of global climate
change and I know what happens when you bring that subject up.

Chris