[OM] About That Storm

Subject: [OM] About That Storm
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 07:30:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     That storm back east is having widespread effects.  Even out here in
Phoenix you can see the effects.  Many online news services are all but
unavailable, and anything that's routed through the storm area is pretty much
dead.  That includes most of the weather data from NWS/NOAA, and the NCEP
charts that I use for weather prediction (GFS, NAM, etc.) are difficult to
access.

     The WiFi in this coffee shop is bad enough on it's own (Century Link DSL),
but this morning it's exceptionally bad.  Many times my dialup internet is
faster than this, but I have not had an opportunity to check that connection
this morning.

     13 people dead so far, and it may be a week or so before some areas have
their power restored.

Chris