Re: [OM] IMG: Maria and Rosaura Perez

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Maria and Rosaura Perez
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:09:57 -0400
I think the program that makes the biggest difference is Silverfast.  I
downloaded the free trial of their HDR processing software:
http://www.silverfast.com/show/silverfast-hdr/en.html/
It has an automatic pilot that lets you go through several steps based on
what is wrong with your scan.  I chose "Dark Photo".  It adjusts the color
balance, shadow/highlight, histogram and curves and then saves the file as
a tiff.  I import it into LR and do a few tweaks - trying the Auto settings
first.  It doesn't usually change much from the Silverfast version.  Then I
open it in Photoshop because I have to spot out all of the dust and
scratches.  I look at the color again there, find a white patch and try the
eye-dropper in Levels.  If that looks better, I finish spotting, do a
little sharpening like Moose recommended around the eyes and re-import it
into LR.  So far that has worked on the three I've worked on today.  I'm
sure I'll run into some more difficult ones and need advice again!!

Thanks,

Tina

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks good.  Can you summarize what you are doing in LR and PS?
>
> Joel W.
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012, at 04:36 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > PESO:
> >
> > This one matches the original the best yet!  A combination of Silverfast,
> > Lightroom, and Photoshop.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/144321983
> >

> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - IMAP accessible web-mail