Re: [OM] I don't understand...

Subject: Re: [OM] I don't understand...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:14:04 -0400
 From this Wiki article:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD_display>

"Because LEDs can be switched on and off faster than CCFLs and can offer
a higher light output, it is theoretically possible to offer very high
contrast ratios. They can produce deep blacks (LEDs off) and high
brightness (LEDs on). However, measurements made from pure black and
pure white outputs are complicated by the fact that Edge-LED lighting
does not allow these outputs to be reproduced simultaneously on-screen"

When I did the test yesterday in PS by painting a large canvas all black
it was truly black.  There are multiple ways LEDs can be employed but I
have no idea what method is used in my display.  Likely not RGB LEDs
since, at $300, the monitor is relatively inexpensive.  Not like Tina's
EIZO mentioned here yesterday.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt