Re: [OM] An actual jpeg

Subject: Re: [OM] An actual jpeg
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:38:41 -0700
On 6/8/2012 8:25 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Yes, you are THE Tina Manley. Somebody get Moose a comb before he comes
> online. I don't think I can handle the thought
> of him doing Moosifications to Tina's photos.

Too late!

Hi THE Tina. AG is one of the majority contingent that thinks grain (or noise,
in a pinch) makes most images better. I'm
part of a small minority (one? two?) who believe grain is just an unfortunate
byproduct of imaging chemistry.

I think that if early photographic processes were grainless, nobody today would
put up with it, seeing it as an effect
to be used very seldom. That's not to say I dislike all grainy/noisy images,
just most of them.

All prelude to saying how much I like the image "Alejandrina Gomez Dominguez
age 2" on the first page you pointed us to.
Shot on film in 2001, in the dark, grain was a given. Still, I think it's even
nicer without so much grain.
<cid:part1.00090803.02010400@gmail.com>
A much better job could be done with the original size, but I hope the idea is
clear.

Noiseless Moose