Re: [OM] Phase 1 dynamic range

Subject: Re: [OM] Phase 1 dynamic range
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:46:56 -0400
I'm the first to attribute a great deal of my, ah, abilities to having shot 4x5
almost exclusively for several years. Everything about it is so damned
meticulous. Composing upside-down and backwards on ground glass is a trick. It
throws the brain in a direction it's not used to traveling, and that sometimes
works to the photographer's advantage, especially where patterns, textures and
shapes are concerned. And that doesn't even account for tilt and shift, which
are the real hidden gems of large format work. I was trying to compose a shot
earlier this morning, grumbling and cursing as I did so because I didn't have a
4x5 with tilt & shift. And swing. Let's not forget swing. The T&S lenses for
35mm are nice, but they can't go where a view camera goes.

I wonder if there's a switch somewhere deep in the menus of the D3 that will
invert and flip the image in the viewfinder. <g>

--Bob