Re: [OM] Phase 1 dynamic range

Subject: Re: [OM] Phase 1 dynamic range
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:56:18 -0500
> There are some startling images on his Wall, Brian.

Most certainly. I would definitely put him up there a bit in the
photographic food chain. He's at least as good as Ken Rockwell.

Ahem,

Lest anybody think that is an insult, it actually isn't. The images
have good eyeflow and a distinct understanding of visual balance. Few
photographers, and I'm definitely not one of them, have this down
well. It may be the discipline of having shot 4x5 with an inverted
image that may have done it.

Yes, Bob has a few images that fit this description too. Those who
come from 35mm or even digital backgrounds tend to compose the images
differently, relying on ultra-wides or narrow DoF or bold massive
subjects occupying large percentages of the frame.

AG