Re: [OM] Nikon 1 V1, was: Two-wheeling "kit"

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon 1 V1, was: Two-wheeling "kit"
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:45:30 -0500
WEll, well. I'm not sure I'm proud to say that I tumbled for the two lens
kit on black Friday. It is an interesting if half-baked camera. The mode
switch on the back is changed by the lightest breath of wind. Most settings
are one or another version of the "We will take a hundred or so pictures in
a burst of video and select the best ones for you." mode. In my first
effort, it frequently go in that mode, which is really the "We will tie up
your camera for minutes like it or not" and spit our one of many similar, or
in my case record enough exposures to fill up a card really really fast.

That said, the results are remarkable for a tiny camera with a tiny sensor.
I am happy with the files, generally sharp and noise free, if perhaps a bit
overprocessed. The built-in EVF is as good as one ever needs to be. If I can
get it settled down to just shooting one shot each press, I will be happy.
If no, it's sold and I'm getting MFT.