Re: [OM] Nikon 1 V1, was: Two-wheeling "kit"

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon 1 V1, was: Two-wheeling "kit"
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:12:43 -0500
> That's tempting. I'm not sure about the EVF, though, and yesterday I was out
> riding and took a couple of shots with Esteemed Wife's Coolpix, and jus flat
> couldn't see what I was doing on the LCD. Too much light. Fortunately, the
> camera knew what I was trying to do and did an acceptable job for the shot I
> was trying to take.

I was able to do a direct comparison of the smaller of the two Nikons
with a comparable Coolpix. They were essentially identical in size,
shape, controls, screens and imaging results. The only difference was
that the Coolpix had a better lens design.

Not that I was ever serious about the Nikon 1, but I was interested in
seeing what the hype was all about. As far as I'm concerned, it's 100%
hype. I'd rather have the Coolpix.

AG