Re: [OM] OM-D gets high praise locally

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D gets high praise locally
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 22:07:28 +0200
As I understand the amount of pre orders has never before been so high for
an Olympus digital camera. So I think this is bigger then before. It could
be immature (although I would like you to write about that in more detail),
but on the other hand it could be mature *enough*. Is there a saying like
'Better is the enemy of the good' or something like that in English?

I had some discussion on a local list about the D800 and the fact that is
seems to outresolve older-designed and less expensive Nikon lenses. There
is an interesting blog post @ lensrentals.com about that <
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/03/d800-lens-selection>.

And developed a theory: could it be that Canon holds back on higher
resolution sensors because that would make to all to clear that (too many
of) their lenses can't keep up?

Best, Frank.

2012/5/26 Ken Norton