Re: [OM] (OM) OT image stitching / panoramas

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT image stitching / panoramas
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:44:34 -0400
No future insight is required nor any knowledge of the order of
exposures.  We know the left is brighter than the right and we know the
aperture is fixed.  It doesn't take much in the way of prognostication
skills to predict that the shutter speed on the left will be faster than
on the right.

I accept that you're compressing the dynamic range but I would have
thought that you not only compressed it but evened it.  But shooting the
brightest area in auto mode may compress the dynamic range between shots
but in no way guarantees sufficient compression with a shot and thus no
guarantee of no blown areas.  I don't have any blown areas in my ETTR
panos and that's guaranteed.

I'm still hoping you will post shutter speeds so I have a better idea of
what actually happened.

Chuck Norcutt