Re: [OM] Happy ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:23:58 -0700
On 4/10/2012 5:17 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> ... Getting stackable images in  with any wind takes patience and don't
> underestimate the utility of mag LV for precise focusing.

Here's where what we are doing is quite different. Although I've done what you
are talking about a couple of times;
tripod, focusing stage, much care and time spent, I was talking about shooting
on the move. We've been out shooting
together. You know how I wander*, shooting mostly handheld. I'm talking about
that sort of shooting, where I know DOF
won't be sufficient for a particular subject, but time and/or patience (There's
more to see! More to shoot! When's
lunch?) is limited and it's often windy.

There, I not uncommonly take 2-3  quick, hand held shots  with different focal
points, hoping that either one of them
will get want I want or that two may combine well.

> Last set didn't stack well enough to use due to the wind but batted  about 2
> for
> 3 in last outing.  I am thinking Zerene stacker will be used more soon
> and is worth the admission price.
>
> http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/focus-stacking-software-photoshop-helicon-combinezp-zerene.html

I believe ZP is the one I've used. Unusual interface, I believe, but does that
it does pretty well. Oddly, I didn't know
about the CS5 facility. That might be the automated first step I could use for
my 'short stacks'.

Still Focused Moose

* Rather like Marnie, except she never uses a tripod. :-) It probably would be
mildly amusing to watch the four of us
from above, maybe with dotted lines showing our paths. We start together, then
wander on our own random paths, sometimes
crossing paths or together for a bit. "Where' Mike? I last saw him over in that
field, down by the river. Thanks, have
you see Carol? ..." Carol just looking, Marnie and Moose looking and shooting
and Mike carefully setting up with tripod
for the perfect shots. ;-)   Very enjoyable!