Re: [OM] Meet Crash, was:] Retirement and puppy love

Subject: Re: [OM] Meet Crash, was:] Retirement and puppy love
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:19:42 +0200
I don't think he is beyond training, He is not allowed in my office the
bathroom or upstairs, he moves to his cage to sleep in overnight when I
rattle the cups as I take them down to the kitchen, he sits and waits
for the  command to eat and he is great with the kids. but he has  three
issues I would like to solve lead pulling, jumping up to greet and
coming back when called.

I think part of the problem is the older boys take him for daily walks
and are not strict enough BUT saying that he still pulls when me wife
and I walk him.

My sister used a choker for a while on her dog an he is fine, so while I
understand AG's comments I am not totally against the choker BUT I am
willing to try another technique, what do they teach at obedience school
as a method to solve the lead pulling. He is an English Cocker spaniel
and I just think he can't wait to sniff all around an forgets he is on
the lead.