Re: [OM] Meet Crash, was:] Retirement and puppy love

Subject: Re: [OM] Meet Crash, was:] Retirement and puppy love
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:01:51 -0500
> What technique do you use instead, I tried an electronic version but he
> just seems to ignore it and just keeps pulling I am tempted to try a
> choker chain but would be happy to try something else

This sounds like an underlying obediance problem. I'd be taking the
dog to obediance training.

There's a family in our church that rehabs/rescues pitbulls and other
similar "evil" dogs. Many of which were actually fighting dogs.
(illegal). In most cases they've been able to rehab and retrain them
where they are prefectly safe and fine. However, once in a while they
come across one who has an underlying personality trait that precludes
them from ever being adopted. Those ones are put down as no amount of
training, loving or care will correct what is either a damaged dog or
one with poor intelligence. As this couple explained to us, dogs can
be as variable as people. Not all people are trainable either.
Overall, they explained, pitbulls are actually a pretty intelligent
and good mannered dog. In fact, much better than the average breed.
The difference is that they just have really big and powerful jaws.

That's fine and everything, But I'll stick with our tiny furball.

AG