Re: [OM] It's a Fence of Course with no Horse

Subject: Re: [OM] It's a Fence of Course with no Horse
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 10:48:52 -0500
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 12:12 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> > You're the guy who wants something and you're bargaining?  Typical.
>
> There are several aspects to that picture which do follow a specific
> style that I've nurtured through the years.

OK, I feel sorry for you now that I know the story of your ADHD
difficulties.

One of my favorite images of yours is the angled dam at Bond Falls.
Your fences photo reminds me of that.  Not much more to my comment than
that, I'm afraid.

When I was teaching literature, I don't sense that I ran into students
with ADHD much.  Maybe those were the kids who liked to read, hated to
write about what they had read, and could not brook different
interpretations of the same passage (and often their interpretation was
the closer to being "right").  Poetry in particular was like arsenic.
But I never had students like that in elective lit classes.  Robert
Frost said (paraphrasing), "When I was 18 I was a pretty fast reader.
I've been learning to read more slowly ever since."  That might not be
constitutionally possible for someone with ADHD.

Joel W.

                          wherever you are