Re: [OM] Early 40's 4x5 Kodachromes

Subject: Re: [OM] Early 40's 4x5 Kodachromes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:11:11 -0400
I think they're probably work clothing but perhaps the best they had or
even new because the knew they were going to be photographed and dressed
their best.  For example, look at Image #30 "Mrs. Thelma Cuvage, working
in the sand house at the Chicago & North Western R.R. roundhouse at
Clinton, Iowa".  She's wearing brand spanking new denim overalls and
they're perfectly clean despite the pile of coal behind her.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt