Re: [OM] (OM) A little diversioon - on topic for a change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) A little diversioon - on topic for a change
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:04:03 -0600
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Thanks, Moose.  I must confess my ignorance of OM lenses prior to the ZD
> series.
>
> That looks like a setup with a lot of flexibility.

The autotube (my 135/4.5 lives on it) usually has an OM mount with it,
which makes for a nicely balanced rig. I've never used my 135/4.5 setup
on an E-thingie.  In real use I have a lot more success with the 90/2
because of its speed and associated focusing ease.  The especial value
of the 135 is in those small stops for more DOF.  I've shot it a lot at
f22 and f32  -- in fact, I wonder if I've shot it at any other stop?  My
biggest problem at those stops is that subject movement usually keeps
diffraction problems in the realm of the theoretical.  I have also
wondered whether aperture stopdown jitters affect this setup.  I intend
to experiment with some of these questions using the OM-5D over the
weekend (if I get a Round Tuit, of course).

Joel W.

                          or over the web