Re: [OM] (OM) A little diversioon - on topic for a change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) A little diversioon - on topic for a change
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 19:23:00 -0800
On 3/1/2012 5:29 PM, Brian Swale wrote:
> A Zuiko len ( do I have that right, there was only one of them) fortuitously
> came my way. Today the whole fam damly have taken themselves off to
> distant parts, so I can do whatever I please :-)
>
> So I chose to try it clipped onto the D-3. It's an overcast day sometimes a
> little brighter, sometimes not.
>
> http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/2012/March-2012.htm
>
> Some of the metal-work (the front ring) has seen better days, but the glass
> seems very fine.
>
> What do you think?

Well, the 135/4.5 is an excellent lens. On 35mm, I found it to be clearly
starting to soften from diffraction at f22,
but with the greater DOF worth it for some subjects and modest display sizes.
But it is definitely soft at f32, with
that overcoming any benefit from DOF.

As Dr. DOF would be quick to point out, that means f22 is trouble for 4/3. It's
just fine for web size, as your images
demonstrate, but I wouldn't stray beyond f11 on 4/3 if planning to print larger
- at least without testing.

Fine Focus Moose