Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:54:34 -0600
> Unfortunately these days its difficult to find a good bitter, they all
> get overcooled these days, I remember when I was an apprentice being
> told that Guinless should be served at room temperature but nowadays
> they sell it as cold as possible, it completely ruins the taste.

I was told that it needed to have a specific draw height of somewhere
around 8 feet and the keg had to be kept at around 55 degrees or
something like that. Inotherwords, the kegs need to be kept in the
cellar the the tubing run up to the main level where the tap is. The
length of tubing was responsible for helping bring the temperature up
and the pressure change was enough to get the bubbles going.

Or something like that.

It's been many years since I learned about it and almost as long since
I've had any. It used to make trips to Ireland a pleasure, though.
Helped make up for the lackluster food. I've since moved on to coffee
as my liquid mood enhancer of choice.

AG