Re: [OM] Light/Exposure Meters

Subject: Re: [OM] Light/Exposure Meters
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:37:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> > > But it might be an earlier version - the principles remain
> > > the same.  Gossen produced their own converter for the early
> > > mercury-cell meters, but I am pretty sure that you can use
> > > the usual MR-9 adapter (x2).
> > >

> >      Yes, I did get a PDF manual yesterday.  Thank you.  No
> > schematic in it, so I'll just have to take the case apart and
> > see what's inside.  Maybe there will be conversion instructions
> > online as there are for others that used the mercury oxide
> > cells.
> >

> I think Moose said "adjustment", not "conversion".  Minolta SRT
> cameras can be adjusted internally to compensate for 1.5V cells.

     I found a schematic this morning at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93918130@N00/2609042974

and then later found step-by-step instructions for doing a full-up conversion:

http://www.biasedlogic.com/index.php/calibrating-gossen-lunasix-3-lunapro/

     I should have thought of that conversion myself, which is simply adding a
germanium diode (1N34, 1N60) or a Schottky barrier diode (1N5711) in series
with the batteries to drop the voltage by 0.3V.  That's a terribly simple
change and essentially requires no calibration.

Chris