Re: [OM] Light/Exposure Meters

Subject: Re: [OM] Light/Exposure Meters
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 13:48:37 -0800
On 2/10/2012 12:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> That's how John H does OM-1 conversions.

Well, that's not all he does. He also adjusts the meter circuit.

> You'll find that and other solutions discussed
> here:<http://www.buhla.de/Foto/batt-adapt-US.pdf>

A very useful resource, which looks to have been updated since I last saved a
copy.

Still, the diode solution introduces some modest non-linearity inherent in the
way the diode operates, as John has said
here several times. So when a meter provides calibration capability for battery
differences, that would seem to me to be
the better solution.

As the relatively lowly Super Pilot has such adjustments, I can't imagine the
Luna Pro doesn't. Not only would finding a
schematic of the circuit and/or instructions for adjustment likely give better
results, it is much less expensive.

Light Adjustments Moose