Re: [OM] OM-5D for me

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D for me
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:39:26 -0600
> It's good to see that the core group of the List is still here. Do you know
> if anyone has heard from Tom Scales recently? I'd guess that his daughters
> are off to college by now or married with babies.

Tom doesn't hang with us Zuikoholics much anymore since he migrated to
Nikon DSLRs, but he is doing great. He's been living here in Iowa for
a few years, but is now moving to Florida again. He got married to a
nice young woman, who had a toddler son and they've since had TWO sets
of twins. The second set just a few weeks ago. So, he's now up to
SEVEN kids. Amazing.

There are a few of us 1990's list members around, but not very many.
When Olympus killed the Four-Thirds line after the E-1 (by not
responding to the Canon 20D), we had a huge emigration to the world of
Canon and Nikon. Once they tasted the dark side, it was curtains for
their OM life. We kept many of them around for a long time through
various off-topic discussions, but eventually they filtered off, just
like you did, for various and asundry reasons.

I guess I'm not interesting enough to keep them around. :(

Anyway, welcome back! The OM-D system may very well be what the doctor
ordered. I hope Olympus doesn't screw this one up. If they do? Well
Sony and Canon are mighty fine alternatives.

AG Schnozz