Re: [OM] Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight
From: Candace <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:40:26 -0700
Moose, thank you, you gave me an "A-HA!" moment!

On 1/24/12 1:00 PM, Moose wrote:
> As I mentioned, this is the first time I've looked at LR since the beginning.
> So I have no idea how LR3 and 4beta may
> differ.
> There are several controls at the bottom of the compare window in 4b.
> One is a zoom slider that stops at various fixed magnifications, likely the
> same ones as the control you mention.
Similar, but different. Figuring out the layout and where controls are
and then learning the keyboard shortcuts is a necessary but annoying
time zapper.
> Another of those controls is a lock icon. When closed the image move in sync.
> When open, they move independently. It
> does exactly what you describe.
I did not see that silly little lock at the bottom, but that does just
what I need, thank you!
> Just what I was trying to suggest as a method of working. And - I think, what
> the designers intended. I don't know if
> LR3 has them, but another couple of controls on the bottom switch 'Select'
> and 'Candidate' (Left and right.) or replace
> left with right.
>
> It's also possible to create a quick collection with those you like. You
> might, for example, slip through all of pose
> one, rating them as you go, perhaps, then add the winner to a Quick
> Collection, then do the same for each pose. You
> would then have a collection of the best of each pose.
Yes, it has the potential to be helpful once I have familiarized myself
well with LR, and then re-figure my workflow, trying to forget old
habits and create new habits.

>> I have a sick kiddo, so I don't know how active I'll be on the list today.
> I wish for wellness soon.
Thank you. :-)

Candace