Re: [OM] Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight
From: Candace <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:48:44 -0700
Yes, and this is the method I have been using in LR *for now*, but if I
am accustomed to comparing 4 at a time, this method will take twice as
long. It may be what I have to end up with, it seems to be this is the
best LR can do, but it is certainly not what I would like to see, or
even what one would think LR capable of. 4 Images would be ideal. The
ability to sync or unsync the images while viewing them side by side
would also be ideal.

It is important to note: in LR -- If not using keyboard shortcuts
(pressing "c"), you must be in the "Library" for the steps Moose posted
to work. Keyboard shortcuts are definitely your friend while navigating
LR, otherwise you'll be clicking a lot.

In "compare mode": at the top left hand side of the screen is a small
preview image. Above that is the word "Navigator". Just to the right of
"Navigator" are 4 tiny words and numbers: "Fit", "Fill", "1:1", "2:1",
and then there is also a small set of up and down arrows. This is where
you can control the amount of zoom on your comparison images.

It took me some time to figure that part out. I still cannot figure out
how to, or if it's even possible, while comparing 2 images, to move one
independently of the other, then lock them so they move in sync. The
best I seem able to do is to move them both around at the same time,
every time.

A faster way to rate images for final selection is to simply use your
arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through the images quickly, and
use your number keys on your keyboard, type the number you want, rating
is immediately assigned to the image you are on. Mis-rated? Just type
zero, or the number you had intended.

After doing this through the folder, you can go back to library mode and
up in the toolbar area choose "Library" --> "enable filters" ---> and
then select what type of filter you want, in this case, "filter by
rating". Then, all that shows up are the images you had rated on your
first pass. You may choose to edit these, crop these, or just export
them as one folder of "keepers", I don't know, YMMV, there are several
ways to go about this.

A gripe for me is that I can't seem to set LR to "always enable
filters". I have to tell it this every time. Seems redundant.

I have a sick kiddo, so I don't know how active I'll be on the list today.

Candace