Re: [OM] Site of the last self-propelled Zuikofest

Subject: Re: [OM] Site of the last self-propelled Zuikofest
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:31:43 -0600
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 07:07 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Isle Royale is simply unlike any other US National Park. It's very
> unusual in that as you approach the island on the boat, the air seems
> to change. The air is just different. Sounds are different. It's North
> Woods Meets Sea.

This stuff makes it "just different":

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/IRNP/album/Rock%20Harbor/slides/_9055119.html

I could not get a single photo that did justice to the impression when
one comes up on a whole area overtaken by old man's beard.  I'm kind of
glad we had almost entirely sunny days.  It has the feeling of a crypt
and hauntings and dead sailors walking in out of the deep.

Joel W.