Re: [OM] Kodak Chapter 11

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Chapter 11
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:15:11 -0800 (PST)
I am so proud of you, Bob.

You have successfully made the transition from an ordinary conservative to a
human being...:)

Now...how difficult is to grasp the concept of abolishing the monetary system
and Capitalism?

Best

Boris

=================================
From:   Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:23:38 -0500

Actually, at the risk of starting one of those wars we don't like here, I don't
even think it would require higher taxes, except on the likes of Mitt Romney.
<g> What it would require would be the US deciding to abandon its inherited
mission of protecting the world from itself. Twelve carrier groups? Twelve?
Hundreds of billions to build a new generation of aerial refueling tankers so
that we can project massive force two or three different places in the world?
I'm no isolationist, but I think a slow but steady drawdown over a decade or so
would to us all some good. Of course I know if we actually did it, there would
be protests from folks who like the belittle the US publicly, but privately
rather enjoy having those 12 carrier groups just over the horizon.

Yeah, defense is jobs, but making really cool cars and spiffy computers and
(dare I say it?) CAMERAS is jobs, too. <g>