[OM] New Toy

Subject: [OM] New Toy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 02:40:38 -0800
As Chris was first to notice, I've acquired a new camera. How could I resist,
when they came full circle. My first
digicam was a Canon S110, which added a couple of features to its predecessor,
the S100. Now I have an new S100. :-)

More seriously, although the size was very appealing, the S90 and S95 were
short of minimum requirements in some
regards. The S100 is essentially a new camera, from sensor to processor to
lens, in much the same tiny body. The balance
of negatives to positives, limitations to abilities, finally tipped.

Here's a gallery of images made the day it arrived. There are shots that aren't
perfect, it's not perfect, I hadn't read
the manual, just started shooting away, and intentionally tried all sorts of
different, often difficult subjects to see
what would happen.

I admit it, there are several cliches and some images I wouldn't include in a
gallery as examples of my best work. But
that's not what this is about. There are some images with closer crops or full
pixel samples next to them, even a B&W
vs. color comparison.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/S100_First_Shots>

If I get my act together, you may get a report on the camera itself.

Moose
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/S100_First_Shots>
--
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/S100_First_Shots>