Re: [OM] The great OM focusing screen conundrum

Subject: Re: [OM] The great OM focusing screen conundrum
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:09:54 +0000
Most focus screens won't show DOF differences faster than f/2.8. (E.g.
Looking through an EOS with the 50/1.0L on it, one can set the DOF preview
button and stop down through the stops, and the viewfinder doesn't start
getting darker until past f/2.5-2.8. )  This is more a limitation of the
optics of an SLR than any particular screen.

-Ed

> the 2-series does show
    a DOF difference between f/2.8 and f/4. I thought it was as bad as
    only showing f/4 and down. I guess I'll take my chances with f/2.8
    accuracy..