Re: [OM] The great OM focusing screen conundrum

Subject: Re: [OM] The great OM focusing screen conundrum
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:23:59 -0500
The differences that you see are exactly why there are multiple screen
types.  No single one is optimal for everything.  You need to change
screens if you want optimal.  You, of course, don't want to be bothered
by that but you can't have your cake and eat it too.  :-)

And I suspect you're trying to use the 1-8 well outside its comfort
zone.  It works fine on my Celestron-8 2000mm f/10 and even on my Zuiko
200mm f/4.  But if it doesn't work on a 24mm f/2... well, it wasn't
designed for that usage.

And if your Nikon works better in some circumstances... use the Nikon.

Chuck Norcutt