Re: [OM] Software upgrade treadmill - Picture Window Pro

Subject: Re: [OM] Software upgrade treadmill - Picture Window Pro
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:52:38 -0800
Amen, brother!  I believe!

I've been using PWP since v. 3.0. I happened upon it when I first
started scanning film, around the turn of the century (geez, doesn't
that sound long ago?). I saw that PWP did what I needed.  PWP's price
was close to that of the stripped-down versions of Photoshop. But PWP
was sort of like a full-bore PhotoShop equivalent designed by a
photographer--rather than by a software engineer who thought he was a
graphic designer. Could I live without layers?  Yeah.  I bought it, and
I've been happy with it ever since.

I'm sure I'll upgrade.  I'll just watch the message board for a few days
or weeks. There are guys there who will find any bugs, which the author
will fix in short order.

--Peter