Re: [OM] [OT] Booting from an eSATA drive

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Booting from an eSATA drive
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:49:05 -0600
Joel,

I use a similar setup consisting of a Dell Dimension 4700 running XP/SP4, an
eSATA card, and a single eSATA drive in a powered, fan-cooled enclosure.
However, I use the drive as a photo storage drive, to contain all of my
image files.  At present, I have no interest in placing a bootable drive in
the enclosure, but will keep watch for your comments if you find a way to
make it work.

I would suspect that the eSATA path presents a different interface, for
which the "Boot from USB device" command is not prepared to deal with.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA