Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 04:13:36 -0500
Service-only economies only work if the population NEVER needs any
manufactured goods, at which point, your lack of something to trade to the
producers of such goods in exchange for them causes poverty among the
people in the service-economy nation because they cannot buy things they
need.

Selling them services is not a good option because there aren't enough
services we can offer that they (manufacturing countries) cannot do
themselves. Countries like China and India are now producing highly
trained and skilled engineers and scientists, so the silly idea that the
countries like the USA that gave away our manufacturing can survive doing
the 'brains' work while outsourcing the 'hard work' work is crumbling fast.

You have to make something to be wealthy. The Chinese are smart enough to
know that, which is why they've built their incredible manufacturing
capacity, which is rapidly making China a rich nation.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook