Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 08:54:51 -0500
Somebody has to do real work. We need all those visual artists
to keep the video games cranked out.

When I was in college, people went into engineering because
"that was were the jobs were." But really only about 1/3rd of
them actually did engineering. The others became sales,
marketing, bean counter,...  types.

There will always be the 2/3rds in college who migrate to
"where the jobs are." Those statistics don't really mean much.
What are the actual jobs they end up in? Few people actually
know what they would like doing when they go to college.

However, if any one knows some good engineers, we are hiring.
And we actually make real stuff, which helps support the other
90% in the banking industry - or those who spend most of their time
justifying their job title and figure out new ways to count beans.

The industry I'm in, there is still quite a bit of demand and we sell
stuff about as fast as we can crank out new designs. Could be
because we are small, and the big, overly bureaucratic companies
require about 10x the resources to do a new design than we do,
so they would rather buy from us than attempt it themselves.

WayneS