Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 22:07:58 -0500
I have an up coming vacation around Thanksgiving holidays to Puerto Rico
and was hoping to put something together. Originally, as my wife will attest,
was to just get a simple camera for travel, but once I started looking, all
hope was lost. I remember the last time I traveled, how cumbersome
the 5D + just 2 lenses was.

So, my first choice at the moment is to get a Lumix DMC-TS3, since I can
go snorkeling with it, and when not doing that, the teenager can use it without
fear of spilling sh*t on it.

Then I looked at the X10, then the G3, then the NEX-x, then the E-P3 and
then at lenses... I'm hopeless. A January ship date is not going to make it
to Puerto Rico. Did I understand you correctly? no NEX-7 until January?

I looked as some adapters for Canyon, macro seems the only worthy
contender for use of an adapter. But that would not be a travel thing, so
I might as well just keep it on the 5D. Andrew was probably right.
Maybe if it was some small special glass, it would be worth the trouble.

I gave up most everything OM, except the Photorunner camera bag. It
would really be cool to fit a system back into a small camera bag.

Wayne