Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:17:40 -0600
> probably what I'll do. Would be nice to have the OLED viewfinder, but that is
> also on back order.

I DID get to see the new Sony OLED viewfinder this week. Oh, man. This
is it. Houston, we have a winner. As good as the Olympus viewfinder is
(and it is very good), the Sony is leagues ahead. My only issue is
with the insistance in overlaying the screen with gobs of static and
worthless information. Fortunately, there is a way to get it pared
down to the point where most of the stuff is out of the way.

One interesting thing about the 5n is that it is actually a halfway
comfortable camera to hold when using the LCD monitor on the back. I
took it out in bright sunlight and was actually impressed with how
decent the screen is. But SONY has been at this live-view game (with
camcorders) for a LONG time. The camera is tiny, though. It would make
a great belt cam, but it actually is too small for me. As a backup or
special use camera, I see value in it, but it is just a touch cramped
for my tastes. As a snapshooter, it's great, but I wouldn't want to do
anything series with it.

I do like the larger sensor too.

AG