Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 21:28:26 -0500
I'm starting to feel like Rip Van Winkle, having turned off my photo juices for
so long, trying to just get a job and make money in this economy, to now,
actually getting back to even thinking about photography. I don't even
recognize the landscape any more. But good to have rational and irrational
beings to listen to on this list. I really appreciate that.

There is even an Olympux E-P3 boasting the fastest auto-focus... I must have
fallen into a deep Canyon. Last I looked, I never though Oly would ever
recover, but there must be some visionaries left at Oly not associated with the
board of directors. Micro 4/3's and small cameras, finally some worthy OM
digital replacements. I never would have guessed it was possible.

Looking at the NEX lenses for APS-C, though, with 49mm filter threads, lot's of
memories - I just went digging in my closet to see if I still had any 49mm
polarizers. I thought those were relics of the ancient past. With my Canyon, a
72mm polarizer is barely useable, 77mm more likely required. And the price of a
77mm Hoya circular polarizer ...

My head is spinning. I remember Provia 400 asa film as being fast. What does
12800 iso really mean, counting photons? I like low light photography, but that
used to mean fast lenses, accurate long exposure. So, waking from a deep sleep,
the photo world is an interesting place.

I will likely make some random choice for my next camera. Thanks to all who
shared their thoughts.

Wayne