Re: [OM] I'm back

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back
From: Michael Wong <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:12:39 +0800
Chris,
I got both lenses for a short time and seldom to take shots with them.

Herewith the link for some some samples for these 2 lenses, one is 6" F3.6
and another one is 8.5" F4.5
https://picasaweb.google.com/105001965258278352702/Petzval

For the first picture of lotus, I can't imagine the color is so beautiful
for an over-hundred years un-coated lens. It is different with modern lens,
I would comment its color is elegant, classic. And its low contrast, make
the picture very comfortable.

Of course, no one is perfect. I cannot take the shot with back-light
directly since it's un-coated. Besides, I cannot slow down the speed since
no aperture at the lens. There will be block the light if I apply the
aperture on the #5 shutter. Means I have to take shots with wide open
without choice.

Cheers,
Michael