[OM] Time to move on? Flood delay.

Subject: [OM] Time to move on? Flood delay.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:38:32 -0500
Well, it looks like when things settle over the next several months that the
Schnozz will be shedding the existing digital gear and getting a new digital
back for the OM lenses.

After careful consideration of my preferred shooting style and ergonomic
needs, the Sony NEX-7 will most likely end up in my camera bag. I'm done
with Olympus (digital) and am just going to leap full ahead into the world
of mega-megapixels. I like the formfactor and the small body will be a nice
match to the OM bodies. Just need to get the OM-NEX adaptor.

The funny thing to all this is that the Minolta A1 will still be kept around
as it shares flash technology. I'll get a flash or two as I go along.

It's been a good ride with the E-1, but I want a larger sensor
(unfortunately not FF, but not 4/3 either) and far more pixels than Olympus
thinks I want. I don't buy cameras very often and my next one won't be 6
year old sensor technology.

But, most importantly, the shape and size of the camera is critical. I'm
returning to left-handed shooting style and the NEX bodies fit this well.
Oh, and that EVF rocks. I like EVF and that peaking focus assistance will be
great with the legacy lenses.

I've been waiting for two things. A 20+ megapixel sensor and compact
formfactor with EVF. Oh, and disposable income...

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx