Re: [OM] Back after many harrowing adventures

Subject: Re: [OM] Back after many harrowing adventures
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:26:56 +1000
That sounds very much like me, Ken, and also, uncoincidentally, my mother.

I've had two things that helped reduce incidence. First, give up caffeine.
Sure, I got hit with withdrawal migraine at first, but then they eased off
and mostly went away. This solution didn't stick...I love my latte too much.

The second was was recent, where I lost 34kg (I was 92.4kg, at 167cm tall)
by eating better and less, and getting fitter (by "lifestyle exercise", like
cycling/walking for pleasure/sightseeing). My BP was around 120/80, but is
now about 100/70. The migraines haven't gone entirely, but they've eased off
a lot in regularity and severity, for whatever reason ("correlation is not
causation", etc.). There obviously are other benefits, but that was a noted
one (I think my doctor was keen on that one...I suspect he wanted to suggest
to a few regular migraine patients who were similarly medically obese that a
solution didn't have to be in pill form :) ).

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://gallery.parknmeter.com

On Thursday, 20 October 2011, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks. I used to have a bad migraine problem, but after one last
horrendous episode about 36 years ago, I never had another. Not sure why
they went away. Wish I knew so I could cash in. <g>