Re: [OM] "...A Shameful Saga By Any Stretch of the Imagination"

Subject: Re: [OM] "...A Shameful Saga By Any Stretch of the Imagination"
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:17:40 +0100
Don't know about horse's head, but if you want to hear the story from the
horse's mouth, listen (and watch) him explain the alleged reason for his
departure:

http://tinyurl.com/6bbkg3c

It's a UK  Channel 4 TV news report, which I hope is available outside UK.

I would also note that the original press releases from Olympus announcing
Mr Woodford's appointment (now removed, but quoted by Bloomberg amongst
others) described Mr Woodford as an alumnus of Millbank Business School, an
educational establishment unknown to me (although Millbank is the London
riverside location of various corporate and government offices, as well as
the Tate Gallery). Hmm, turns out to be the new brand for what was Millbank
College of Commerce in Liverpool which he left in 1977, aged 16! I presume
that is an artefact of translation from English to Japanese then back to
English.

Piers